Friday 2 October 2009

Harry Potter




Having been so fond of the Harry Potter series (books) I'm not sure why it's taken me this long to publish this post. The thing that is truly great about Harry Potter is that it's a book for everyone, but for those who do feel embarrassed reading it, Bloomsbury very kindly produced what I call the adult versions. It just gives the book a more grown up feel. I don't particularly mind the 'childish' covers, but I can imagine by boyfriend wouldn't be seen with it. They provide an alternative, which is great. Also I think the artwork on the adult covers is quite impressive. The artist has selected the main most important details from each book and made it it's focal point. I don't mind abstract, but I think this works better as it has more of a connection with the story. On the whole though, it's just a great way to attract more people, and create a more diverse following, not that the Harry Potter books need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment