Sunday 27 September 2009

2012







http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/

You're probably getting fed up of hearing this, but when I was in New York I saw a lot of massive posters on the sides of buildings etc, saying simply 'WE WERE WARNED' in large red writing. It certainly caught my attention and I think I immediately understood what it was for. Basically there is a film coming out in October 2009 called 2012, which I think is a lot like the Day After Tomorrow but much worse. For some reason, I seem to be attracted to these big disaster films, they fascinate me and I love all the special effects, hopefully this one won't disappoint.

This post is actually about the website however. When first hearing about 2012, I quickly clicked onto the official website to see what it was about. The ordinary features are there, for example you can learn about the film, cast, crew etc, but I was surprised by all the extras. You can download a free app to your iphone, which is basically a test to see if you could survive in a disaster. There's also a competition which involves you watching the trailer and answering a question. A clever tactic as you might have to watch it over and over again. There's also a voting campaign for your 'next world leader,' which involves you watching the candidate's video's, some of which are very funny.

Overall I was impressed with this website, it kept me busy for a long time, all the time thinking about the film, which was no doubt their intentions. It's not particularly visually interesting, but that's not the reason I chose to write about it. Sometimes it's more about the content rather than how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment