Sunday 6 September 2009

Computer Arts Projects' Cover (Aug Issue)


I love every front cover of Arts Projects that comes through my door, but I was particularly inspired by this one. From this view you would probably think it's been hand rendered somehow, but no, it's been carefully constructed out of paper and then shot with a camera. If there's one thing I can say about the creator of this piece, they definately have patience. If you look at the rest of Yulia Brodskaya's work then you'll realise this isn't just a one off either.

This particular design has actually been made from previous issues of the magazine, as you will notice from the writing on the cubed pieces. I like how she cleverly ties Arts Projects in this way. I also like the way she cut holes into the sides of the letters to create the light reflections inside, it gives the design more depth. There is also the paper gradients she uses, which sets the tone quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment