Wednesday 16 September 2009

Twilight



I saw the film when it came out, not really having a clue what it was about. There had been so much hype surrounding it that I thought I should see what all the fuss was about. The film, which came out last year, was suprisingly good. I didn't know what to expect, which in a way, made the film more interesting.

So after seeing the film I became slightly obsessed by it and bought the DVD as soon as it was released. But for some reason never thought to read the book. I literally picked this up two days ago and have read the whole thing already. There hasn't been a book since the Harry Potter series that has caught my attention quite this much. I was shocked how alike the book and the film were. I suppose this had something to do with my dissappointment of the Sixth Harry Potter film. I couldn't understand why they missed so much out and changed details for no reason. But with the twilight adaptation, I can really see how they tried to keep it as close to the book as possible, which is something I respect.

The book I found to be compelling, I knew what would happen (from seeing the film) but became impatient when reading, therefore finishing it in a couple of days. This is most definitely a good thing however. I get easily distracted, so anything which can keep my attention like this must be good. I won't try to explain the plot in Twilight, but a general overview is that it's a love story with a twist. That twist being vampires.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I'm not the only one that has been captured by this teenage novel. Carry on reading the books I guarantee you will be addicted. As the plot thickens you become more in love with Edward.

    ReplyDelete